Thursday, September 23, 2010

OPERATION: LOCATE MOM AND AYDEN

Hello all! Long time no type. I should have known better than to say I'd post every week. Sorry about that. No excuses to give just a story to share........

Today my beautiful dear heart Mother made arrangements to pick up Ayden from the sitter. The plans were for the two of them to go play at McDonalds for a little while. Well a little before 5:30 I spoke with my Mother who was just arriving to get Ayden. All was well she arrived safely plans were made everything was great. Shortly AFTER 5:30 my dear heart husband decided to alter the plans and asked me to let my Mom know that he was working late. So the first time I called it went straight to voicemail. I figured she was talking to one of my sisters. After waiting a little while I attempted to reach her again. Again, straight to voicemail, this time I assumed she was talking to my grandmother or my aunt (they tend to talk a little longer than my sisters). After waiting a good bit longer I tried again! Still it went straight to voicemail. As I continued to try to reach her, a few times it would ring before it would go to voicemail. This pattern continued for TWO HOURS. By now I am getting off of work. I have organized a full blown military operation in my head. I had assigned Special Agent Kyle to check our home, McDonalds, and Burger King. I just knew something was wrong, so before I called the police and believe me that was high up on the operations list running through my head, I was checking the most likely locations of where the two lost might be. I was headed to check and see if they were at Chucky Cheese or in Deb dialect Chunky Cheese (LOVE YOU MOMMA). I guess I should back up and explain the rule: If you have my child or you are my mother you MUST answer or call back quickly if you are out and about. I am a worrier and I have to check and make sure you are okay. If you do not answer especially for two hours I pancic. Case in point this story! Before I could get to Chucky Cheese Kyle had reported to the crazy mom headquarters that they weren't seen at McDonalds, Burger King or home! The hysterical radar was going crazy at this point. So the next action on my list of OPERATION LOCATE MOM AND AYDEN, was to call 1-Kristi however, this isn't the best order b/c it's Thursday during softball season and she won't answer. But who can reason with a hysterical mother especially when it's myself. I was trying to will someone to answer there phone at this point. And needless to say that is not one of my gifts from God. 2-Call sisters. Joy is an hour ahead so I opted for Jill. Ha again no answer. Instead I get a text: JILL: Getting boy's hair cut. I am thinking: so what answer your phone there is an emergency occurring. Instead I just responded: Have you talked to mom? Her response: NO quickly followed by a why. (that's how we always respond b/c it usually mean something is up) With no time to add in new recruits I had to just leave her behind which meant no response back and didn't have time to really talk when she called. I believe the conversation went something like this:
Me: Hello?!
Jill: (In her sweet teacher voice) Why did you ask if I have talked to Mom?
Me: (In my frustrated on a mission voice which is very rushed) B/c she picked up Ayden and I have been trying to reach her for two hours.
Jill: Oh
Me: Ok bye
And just as I am getting ready to dial 911 and tell them that I can't find my mother or my son just because I haven't talked to them in two hours......a text message pops up on my phone, which I have almost pounded to death, that reads: MOMMA: Join us at McDonalds?
WHAT?!! Special Agent Kyle (believe me he had no idea I had deemed him a Special Agent or that I was on a mission!) reported that check point chicky was clear with no sign of either of the lost! So I dialed his number and as soon as he picked up I said are you sure they weren't at McDonalds! His response: yes Jess I am positive. Why?....... I was thinking what do you mean WHY?! They are missing and someone has just texted me from my mothers phone!!! I just knew it was a plot. I was going in with guns drawn and blazing (I don't really have guns and even i I did they wouldn't do me any good b/c I don't really know how to shoot.) prepared to take out who ever had messed with my baby and my mother! Unable to keep my voice normal for long I got off the phone with special agent Kyle...you can never let your soldiers know that your upset. Ha fortunately for me mine already know I am crazy so I get less questions that way.............. usually.
By now I have whipped my little camry HUM V around and headed back towards the place in question. It seemed like forever before my phone rang but it had only been a few minutes if that. When I heard Jill's voice on the other side: Jess, Mom and Ayden are at McDonalds. She said her phone won't call out. All I could say was ok. Love you. I hung up the phone and started boo whooing! Relieved they were okay and my insane mission was over. The next call came within seconds. My telephone screen read MOMMA. I answer with: I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF YOU FOR TWO HOURS! Of course it was through sobs and she didn't understand a word I said. All she said was calm down I can't understand you. Do you want to come eat with us at McDonalds???
OH lordy. I wasn't hungry and with a red puffy face definitely didn't want to go to McDonalds.
I believe my mom thought I was mad at her but I wasn't. I was obvious delirious with worry. When her and Ayden got to our home, Ayden said "Momma are you mad with my Dede? Are you upset?"

Ha if he only knew. If any of the people I love only knew to what measures I would go to protect them. Even when they are fine!

2 comments:

  1. in dannah's words, "my head is cracking up!" this is hilarious! obviously not the fact that you were scared to death for mom and ayden, but now that i know that are both ok - this story if too funny! I have to admit though, i was kinda freaking out when i talked to you, so i called moms phone nonstop until she answered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both. And yes now that they are both okay it is funny. Ohh I was a mess though.

    ReplyDelete