Monday, June 28, 2010

THE CREEPY, THE CRAWLY AND THE DREADED

Let me start by apologizing for just getting to post a blog over the past two weeks. This week I am going to try my hardest to post two. Life has been a whirl wind of crazy around my house lately....well around me. It's like I have my own personal little tornado following me around....no it's name surprisingly isn't Zeus, Ayden and or even Kyle. Work has been quite hectic but things are finally starting to get back down into the category many would classify as mildly crazy. It's not so much that my job is difficult as it is time consuming and odd hours which change day to day. I enjoy my job but unfortunately it is just that, a job. I have always wanted something more and one day I will find it. I want to be that person that is wildly passionate about what they do. I know that God has a plan and a purpose for me and Lord give me the strength and patience to find it.

Okay now that we are up to speed on my excuses of why I haven't found a few minutes to post a blog........

My dear sweet child that he so often is, loves to stop at any of the "eat houses" (which the clever devils who build those evil fast food eat houses conveniently put at the very front of our neighborhood.) One morning in a hurry to get Ayden to the sitter and myself to work he starts asking if we can please stop at the "Sontkic", for those of you who don't speak 3 year old the Ayden dialect that's of course Sonic. Not having time to stop or wanting to be tempted myself, I tried to explain to him we just can't stop that morning. Well that's not a good enough answer for Ayden. So he starts in with the inevitable...."BUT WHY?" The best response I uncleverly came up with...."Momma doesn't have any money this morning." Being that 3 year olds do not understand the whole concept of money his response was priceless...."But why don't you have any monies???? Did the bill bugs get in your wallet and eat all your monies Momma?!!" All I could do was laugh because I was certain he had recently her me fussing about bills and my creative child came up with the dreaded "BILL BUGS!"

The birth of the bill bugs was a few months back. Needless to say they haven't left our house. It's a weekly discussion about what the bill bugs are eating away at now. There are a few other kinds of yuckie bugs lurking around our yard as well (the real kind) and it's quite common for Ayden and Zeus to chase and kill them. It sounds a lot like this....."MOMMA THERE'S A BUG!!!! GET IT ZEUSY GET IT!! (CHOMP CHOMP) OH I WILL GET IT ZEUSY!!! (STOMP STOMP SMACK SPLAT) If you would have seen this you would now know that the bug has been dead for few minutes but the two of them are always thorough in there extermination of the creepy crawly. It seems as though Ayden is tired of the bill bugs messing up his trips to the eat houses (I have been trying to feed my family a little healthier than the evil fast food eat houses) because the latest in the Ayden stories occurred on the way home from the ball field. Of course he was asking if he could please have "McyDonalds" ad when I told him no he responded with the usual....the bill bugs ate all your monies again. I said yes they sure did. This time his response was "It's okay Momma. You can get more monies." I told him thank you and thought how sweet children can be. Then the next comment amazed me even more. "Momma!!! I have monies. We can go home and get some monies from my piggy and go the McyDonalds." I just laughed and replied with "that's okay baby we can go another time." The next morning Kyle was getting ready to take Ayden to the sitter. I heard him laughing and calling for me. As I approached Ayden's bathroom I find Ayden holding a small fish net that we had from our previous pet (RIP Nemo fishy). Only instead of using it as a fish net he was using it as a bug net. Yes, a bug net to catch and exterminate bugs. The kicker.....he was trying to catch and kill the ole DREADED BILL BUGS! Ohhh if it were only that easy. We would definitely be killing the charter cable bug and the cleco bug for sure!!!!!!!

That's all for today. Keep an eye on your wallet because the bill bugs are like cotton weebles and can devastate an entire pay check in a matter of minutes.

JP STRECKER

Food for thought: It's amazing how much children pick up on and repeat. What is scary is what do they hear that we are unaware of and then repeat when we aren't around????

No comments:

Post a Comment